2014

2014

Friday, January 17, 2014

Its getting exciting!

Last week was a very stressful week trying to get a few of the last pieces of paperwork filed before Chinese New Year. I spent about 5 hrs last week (NO JOKE) on the phone with the National Visa Center, trying to locate our paperwork, and get the details I needed to file our DS-260 (immigration form) to bring our little guy home. But we got all the papers we needed and it was turned into the embassy in Guangzhou this past Monday. Hopefully they will be picked up Jan 27 (or sooner), because of the holiday next Monday they could be delayed. After the papers are picked up, they will be mailed to Beijing which starts our final wait for Travel Approval. The travel approval wait can be up to a couple weeks. Our prayer is that the papers will be picked up on the 27th, and China will want to clear their desks (which they usually try to do) before they leave for a week vacation on Jan 31st. It would be very lovely to get our Travel approval before Chinese New Year (CNY). If we don't, China shuts down to celebrate the new year, and reopens Feb 10th. We would expect to get travel approval the week of Feb 10th, if we don't get it before CNY. THEN we will be able to leave 1-4 weeks after we receive the TA. I hope that makes sense, its a little bit complicated because of the CNY. I would really love it if we could be in China around my birthday Feb 18th. Thats only if everything goes perfectly. We really ask for prayers that our paperwork would not experience any additional hold ups or delays. We can really feel all the support and love from so many around us, thanks for continuing to pray us through this crazy adventure.

One of the details of the paperwork last week included finalizing a name. I bet your all dying to know, but for now we are going to keep it a secret! So many of the details of this journey we share that its fun to have something for you to look forward too. :) I will tell you... It is not Nolan, and it does start with "A", and our kids don't even know so they wont be able to help you :)

The emotions and excitement are beginning to take over. It makes me super sad thinking about being away from my kids for two weeks, but I also feel super excited about holding that sweet little boy, being in China (my dream!), and there being one less orphan in the world!! I try not to think about everything very much because it just makes the days drag on, but really its not that far away!!

Yesterday one of the friends I made in my facebook adoption group left to pick up her baby girl! Its been so fun watching her story unfold. Knowing that she is in China now, getting her baby tomorrow makes it definitely seem more real.

In the meantime I have been getting little things I know we will need to take with us every time I go to the store. The kids and I have been doing some crafts, and getting ready for valentines day. And I have discovered a new hobby- Sewing! I love it!! I got a sewing machine for Christmas and already I have made 6 burp cloths, 2 curtains, a shirt for Addy, a headband, and a sleeping bag for Avis doll. :) I really enjoy it and Avi thinks its fun to help. Im trying to stay busy to keep my mind off all this waiting. :)

We did get an update to hold us over while we wait a little longer. Our little buddy is walking, saying "mama" (melts my heart), and sleeping ALL night! Below is a new picture!! I love his hair! He's getting big!!





Thank you all for your prayers, keep praying that we can be in China around my Birthday!! God can move those mountains.

Soon Buddy, soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment