2014

2014

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Summer Time!!

I know I promised to be better at writing and updating the blog, and I failed miserably!!! Its been a month and a half since I updated last.... sorry! :(

May flew by with Johns graduation, his parents coming, him leaving, Alliots surgery for tubes, Asher t-ball, Aviela Dance recital, and Avi & Asher finishing up school... whew! The kids and I made a summer bucket list, and have been spending our days together crossing off those items. I was actually nervous for the summer having all 4 kids home, but I can honestly say its been fun!! We have been working very hard with the kids on the fruits of the spirit. It is amazing the change in their attitude in only a few weeks. When we have to remind them that their behavior is displeasing to God that seems to have a different affect then when they think it only displeases us. Its been good, and very fun to see the changes in their hearts. Today actually, I told my niece that I was jealous of her curly hair, Aviela heard me and whispered in my ear "you get an envious point." We have an app for the kids where we can click a point for them if they are displaying a fruit of the spirit, and they get negative points for behaviors that are not fruitful.... apparently Im in the negative. :)

Ashers Tball Game! He loved playing! He did get a little bored while in the outfield and I caught him picking flowers once... :)
Tulip Time! Alliot was not a fan of sitting with his sister. 
Avielas recital





Asher with his 4 year old preschool teachers! He had a great year, and really learned alot. I can't believe hes off to Kindergarten next year. He will be in Spanish Immersion like his sister. 
Johns mom with Azalia. They really adored the kids, but especially her. She wasn't always so sure about them wanting to hold her and get their picture taken with her so much. 
Graduation!! 
Alliot was enjoying Johns farewell dinner at Olive Garden!! 

Alliots surgery for the tubes went great and just as planned. We are still waiting for a date for his palate repair surgery. Dan and I are very anxious to have a date and get that repaired so that we can start working on speech with him. He tries very hard to imitate us, but pretty much everything sounds the same. Poor buddy! We are still working very hard at the thumb sucking, Dr. Mann, our plastic surgeon, does not want him doing this because after surgery it will ruin the repair. So its easier to break the habit now.

Alliot waiting for surgery. I was very impressed with the hospital staff. He was having a great time with all the toys and playing with the nurses.


The girls had a combined birthday party this year. Aviela wanted a pony party. We ended up getting a traveling petting zoo that came to us, and had pony rides! Azalia thought it sounded fun, but she ended up being afraid of the animals and enjoyed cuddling with Grandparents most of the time. The day was very eventful, and I thought the party was falling apart at 4pm when I called my cake lady to pick up the cake and found out she had the wrong day.... so we had no cake 1 hr before the party! Some how we managed to pull it all together, and it worked out!

This past week we got a new (well new to us) van! Good'ol Red is retiring from Einfeld adventures and is hoping to find a new family soon. :) Its nice to have something a little more reliable and with an 8th seat!! :)

We can't believe the summer is flying by! In august we are getting 2 chinese students for 3 weeks- Amy and Ellie. The day that they leave Mare (our student for the school year) arrives!! She is from Japan! The kids are super excited about her, and we are working hard to get the rooms all moved around and her room looking special. Enjoy all the pictures of our summer so far...

Dyllan came in town for a visit so we went to Kalamazoo for the day so the kids could see their cousin. Alliot is enjoying his ride. I was watching Abbie for a good friend and she wanted to be in the picture with the boys. 

I can't believe I let my little brother take me for a ride on this quad! 


Loving the water table. Alliot is very obsessed with liquids, so he likes the water table, but we have to watch him otherwise he tries to sneak a drink.

Happy boy!

My boys at Meijer Gardens

Brothers!


Downtown rockford! Its impossible to get all the kids looking at the same time. I think we actually bribed Azalia with her drink to smile... 

Last day of school picnic, and park downtown


Start of summer parade. Asher and Dan went on a canoe trip while we watched the parade. 


They are all smiling!! They were very tired, we were waiting for the fireworks and it was very late! 



Alliots first fireworks and he LOVED them!

Happy Fathers day!! 

Beach day at Meyers Lake with our friend Abbie

Strawberry picking. Im sure glad they didn't weigh Azalia after we were done. I'm not sure she contributed any to the container we picked

Birthday party

My girls!

So excited to ride the pony. The pony's name was Dusty

Petting zoo

Alliot LOVED the animals, he giggled and giggled

The cakes Dan got quit at Meijer, without their names and no candles... :(

Me and my girls!! 

Aviela and her friends

Azalia and her friends... she was so scared of the horse dan had to hold her and she was screaming!

Cousins!! See why I told Ellie I was jealous of her hair- beautiful ringlets.

Afternoon ice cream and a park adventure

We were able to go to the zoo this week and see the Tigers!!! Sooo cool!! 


Alliot was loving these goats, he was chasing them around the pen giggling and giggling. Asher made some comment like "I guess hes a crazy asian who likes animals" I turned and noticed a mom behind me heard and was laughing... I quickly let her know that he was ours and that we use the word "asian" as a term of endearment. 

The kids were on the same rock as the lion, only separated by glass! I love the big animals. 

Cleaning Old red!

Cousins sharing a towel!!

Alliot was buried in the sand

The kids loved just going at the watermelon with spoons. Smiles all around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment