2014

2014

Saturday, March 8, 2014

We are in Guangzhou!

Last stop Guangzhou!! Here he will have a medical appointment, and then apply for his visa... Then HOME! We can't wait to be home to snuggle with our babies.

It will be just a short post today, nothing really exciting that we did but fly from one city to the next. Alliot is crazy tired because we kept him up before the flight hoping he would sleep, which he did but not long enough, he is now passed out for the night.

So we have a funny story about the flight... Alliot was being a little fussy, and definitely did not want to be on our lap. Well the Chinese people behind us were "trying" to help. That is one thing about the Chinese culture that really bothers me. In america, we don't parent random strangers children. So he was crying, and wiggly... "we got this" (thats what I wanted to tell her). Instead she proceeds to pour out the bottle of whatever she was drinking (some sweet milky type something) into its lid, and feed it to Alliot... YUCK! I have no idea what she was feeding him, and she was feeding him out of something her mouth was on... Well of course she didn't stop there, she then started handing him packages of cracker type things, that were HARD as a rock.... Well of course that only calmed him down for a minute so she gave him a flower to hold onto.... Then she handed me the rest of her drink and told me to feed it to him (it was in chinese so Im only assuming thats what she meant by her hand gestures). Finally he fell asleep on my lap, but woke up after about an hour screaming... and who do you suppose thought we needed her help again?! AH! This time she motioned as if to take him to the bathroom, she said the chinese word for "pee" which is part of our limited chinese vocabulary... I hope she wasn't thinking we were going to let HER take him to the bathroom. Then she started dangling her cell phone in his face, I was really starting to get annoyed with her at this point. I just ignored her gestures and thank goodness Alliot didn't reach for anything she dangled in our seat.

Alliot has very round eyes for a Chinese. Chinese call these eyes "big eyes" and its a sign of beauty. Over the last few days numerous people have commented on his eyes and have asked to hold him. This is part of their culture that I am not comfortable with. I don't let random strangers hold my babies. :) Im flattered they think hes cute.. we of course think he is!! :)

Tomorrow we are going to visit the Buddhist temple, Old Chen house, and the Provincial arts and crafts shopping center. After that I have an appointment with Ann (a local, who is well known by the adoption community) to take me shopping! I can't wait to get a bunch of souvenirs and special things for the kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment