2014

2014

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

God is GOOD...and we have some AWESOME friends!!!

I am so overwhelmed by the generosity of our friends!! Numerous times in the last 48 hrs I have been just awed by how loving, generous, and supportive our friends are. Yesterday I met with 2 people from our church who are more than compassionate about adoption. They gave me AWESOME ideas for our garage sale, and offered to HELP. A huge burden was lifted. The help is great, and very much appreciated but the support is priceless. It feels so good knowing that we are gaining this team of supporters cheering us on in this journey. Our baby has no idea how lucky he/she is to have all these people loving on them already!! So that was yesterday, well today... First, I got an email from our agency saying that some friends of ours gave a very generous donation towards our next fees. (talk about jaw dropping, tears flowing..) Then, I got an email from another family saying they had some stuff to donate to our garage sale. John helped Dan pick it up, and he was so impressed. We were all overwhelmed by their generosity!! When I thanked her she told me... "When the kids heard they could support you... really motivated them to get rid of things they might not really use." We are so grateful!! Our playroom/den is starting to get really cluttered, typically it would be killin' me, but right now I LOVE watching that pile grow. It only means we are closer to our goal. We still have a long way to go but little by little we will get there, God has His hand in this, this time!

It is very humbling for me to accept all these things. I don't like asking for things, especially in such quantity. Its helping me realize that I can't do it on my own- even if I worked tons of extra hrs, or pinched every penny- coming up with $25,000 in 6 months would be impossible. I'm learning a lesson in relying on God, which isn't easy for a person who likes to be independent. An impression is being made on our kids too. Its hard to know how much they really understand, but they know its all to help bring home their brother/sister in China. And John too... He came here not a believer, and got fully submersed into the Christian lifestyle-at school, home, church, etc. He still is not a believer, but many seeds have been planted. He doesn't understand the crazy love I have for orphans, or why you would all be so supportive in us having 4 kids!! Thats like a zoo (in China). He does feel the love, and right now thats good enough for me. :)

 Yesterday I asked a friend to watch Azalia for me because I thought I had "muffins with mom," with Asher, only to find out I had the wrong MONTH! Pretty much the story of my life lately.... So then I offered to pick Azalia back up, which she insisted I enjoy sometime to myself. (Something Im not easily convinced to do) So I took advantage of the time and drove to the bank to get the money order I needed to mail our documents to Chicago. Got up to the counter, pulled out all the papers, and... no wallet!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? SO I had to drive all the way home to get it, by that time I didn't have enough time to go back to the bank before my next apt.- so I enjoyed my peace, ate my typical breakfast of oreos :), and read facebook. A friend of mine posted this link...

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/08/10-ways-to-be-a-happier-mom/

It was really what I needed, and a good reminder for the whirlwind of crazy that I have going on right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment