2014

2014

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Referral?!?!

This week has been difficult for me, mostly because I feel like Im juggling 10 different hats and doing a horrible job managing it all. We are in the thick of paperwork right now adoption wise (I got to see a copy of our homestudy today), getting ready for the garage sale, working, managing or more like (maintaining) family stuff day to day...  its just got me a little down.
I got a sweet text from a friend reminding me how it will all be worth it, probably 30 minutes later we got a phone call from our agency. We almost didn't answer the phone because we thought it was family and we were getting ready for dinner. When we realized it was them they were gone, and we tried to call back, but didn't know the extension of the person who was calling. Then my cell phone rang, I assumed they were just calling to address the email I sent earlier in the day.... She then proceeded to tell us about a possible REFERRAL!!!! Pretty much picture- perfect of what I imagined in my heart before we started the process. Its a BOY, Birthday 3/31/12, with heart disease. :) He is a "special focus" child, which means we can get matched before our paperwork is submitted. Which means it will go much quicker... little crazy considering we don't have all our money yet (and aren't even close). With all that being said, because he has a medical condition we need to have the profile reviewed by some doctors to make sure it is something we feel like our family can handle. It seems a little surreal, and reality hasn't sunk in yet. I expected this in August, not mid-april! God has some special little way of encouraging me, seeing those pictures are such good motivation.
We will keep you all update, and share pictures as soon as we are able. I can tell you one thing, he's adorable! :)
Pray that we make the best decision, its hard to say no to a sweet face that you want so bad, it will feel so good to be able to call him ours though!

here is my favorite "adoption" song. Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIwNZilpTXU

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!! I'm SO glad you've had this bit of encouragement and that it's come so quickly! Praying all decisions are made smoothly and that things continue to go well. Let me know of anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete